Professional Latin and Greek Translation for Personal Projects
In the modern world Latin continues to serve an important role, not only for the tradition and prestige that it can add to all forms of expression but also for the concision and beauty that it readily confers. Ancient Greek also remains an important, albeit less commonly chosen, medium for a wide spectrum of projects. Classical Turns continues to promote this use of Latin and Greek in the personal sphere and warmly welcomes requests for an almost boundless range of translation and naming projects. Among the requests of all natures that Classical Turns receives, the following are relatively common:
- The translation or creation of Latin family mottoes.
- The translation or creation of Latin tattoos (and occasionally Ancient Greek tattoos).
- The translation or creation of Latin / Greek house or building names.
- The translation or creation of Latin website names.
- The translation of Latin Letters Patent.
- The translation of personal letters, or song lyrics (!), into Latin / Greek.
- The translation of signs, comic or serious, for domestic or public display.
- The translation of genealogical or institutional documents written in Latin.
If it is required, Latin can be translated into Greek, or vice versa. It should be stressed that Latin and Greek, although they were languages that thrived two to three millennia ago, can nevertheless be readily applied to the modern world, and there is a way of expressing almost every modern concept. Accordingly, the challenge of translating any English concept is happily welcomed, however complicated or strange! To date, no translation request has been turned down or left incomplete on the ground that it is too difficult to translate. For those feeling more adventurous, Classical Turns will undertake projects of Greek and Latin verse composition on specified topics, producing poetry to Classical standards on the desired theme. Please contact Classical Turns directly by email for further information about this service. Latin to Greek (Ancient / Classical) and Greek to Latin translations can also be offered for those in need of such an outré request.
For both translation and naming projects, Classical Turns will typically offer multiple correct or appropriate suggestions, from which the customer can choose that which sounds or reads most attractively to him or her. To gain a sense of the nature of the documents returned by Classical Turns in response to requests, please see the Samples page.
Classical Turns - English to Latin translatorfor swift and professional Latin translation etc.