Latin Translation for academic projects from Classical Turns
Latin and Greek Translation for Academic Projects
Classical Turns has undertaken a wide range of translations for a diverse spectrum of projects. Work has mostly concerned the rendering of Latin texts into English but occasionally projects in Ancient Greek are requested. Classical Turns is most open to aiding fellow scholars and researchers in the translation of previously untranslated literature and documentation, whether from print or images/transcriptions of manuscripts (which can be sent by email or post, whichever is easier). Since Latin and Greek were for very many centuries the natural media for treating the full range of subject matters, many of which still bear relevance today to a great range of academic disciplines, the variety of requests sent to Classical Turns has been and continues to be immense. Previous projects have included Greek and Latin translations into English of:
- Greek scholia and marginalia in manuscripts (7th-8th cent.).
- Latin Christian narratives (12th cent.).
- Latin mathematical treatises (12th cent.).
- Latin legal statutes relating to Italian states (13th-14th cent.).
- Latin Aristotelian philosophy (14th-16th cent.)
- Latin philosophical tableaux (15th cent.).
- Latin marginalia in various incunabula (15th cent.).
- Latin Papal bulls (16th cent.).
- Latin accounts of sea mammals (16th cent.).
- Latin letters patent (16th-18th cent.).
- Latin church inscriptions in brass and stone (16th-19th cent.).
- Latin Ecclesiastical documents (16th-19th cent.)
- Latin musical documents (16th-17th cent.).
- Latin naval law (17th cent.)
- Latin mathematical treatises (18th cent.)
- Latin heraldic mottoes (16th-20th cent.)
- Greek and Latin passages in written correspondence (18th-19th cent.)
- Latin marriage and death registers (17th-19th cent.)
- Original Latin and Greek poetic compositions (17th-20th cent.)
In short, all projects are warmly welcomed! For more information about pricing for translation services, please see the second table found on the Rates page. The cost of work for many previous clients has been covered, where appropriate, by their educational institutions.
Classical Turns - Latin to English translatorfor swift and professional Latin and Greek translation etc.